- Delivering Happiness
- Jenn Lim, CEO, co-founder, and author of Beyond Happiness
- Sunny Grosso, Lead Coach|sultant and Chief Culture Officer
- GBMC Healthcare (a 2020 Baldrige Recipient)
- Carolyn Candiello, Vice President for Quality and Patient Safety
- San Antonio College, Alamo Colleges District (2021 Aspen Prize winner)
- Robert Vela (Breakout Sessions)
- 2022 Themeweaver: Timothy J. Nelson, President Emeritus, Northwestern Michigan College
Additional learning partners will be announced soon!
By participating in the 2022 CEO Forum and Reps Meeting, you will:
- Explore this year’s learning theme and expand your understanding of its strategic alignment with your organization’s goals
- Preview learning partner presentations and provide feedback to enhance the learning objectives for the Summer Institute
- Network with learning partners and your colleagues
- Identify coworkers to invite to the Summer Institute and develop plans to maximize your team learning experience
Proposed Learning Objectives for Summer Institute:
By participating in the 2022 Summer Institute, your team will gain a deeper understanding of how to:
- Develop strategies for multi-generational and diverse workforces
- Respond to undeniable challenges in attracting and retaining talent
- Meet the needs of employers served by higher education institutions
- Create cultures that foster happiness and positive returns
Compelling Questions to be Addressed by Learning Partners:
- What does the labor market look like now and in the future as employers and educators respond to the "great resignation”?
- How can leaders respond to conflicting demands for autonomy and flexibility?
- How do organizations create inclusive places, spaces, communities, staffing models, and cultures that attract and retain talent?
- What are the best practices and high-impact strategies for developing and leading the "workforce of the future"?
- How do leaders create diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces led with happiness and humanity?
Wednesday, March 9
- 3:00-4:00 p.m. | CEO Networking Session
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. | Reps Meeting and Best Practice Sharing
- Please come prepared to discuss what you applied at your institution from the 2022 Summer Institute and/or what challenges you and the employers you serve face in terms of talent management
- 6:00 p.m. | CEO Dinner (hosted by AFIT)
- 6:00 p.m. | Optional Reps Dinner (on your own)
Thursday, March 10
Welcome, Introductions, Opening Remarks, and Meeting Overview
8:30 – 9:15 a.m. | Breakfast provided
9:15 – 9:35 a.m. | Erika Liodice, Executive Director, AFIT
- Introduction to the 2022 Summer Institute Theme
- Learning Partner Preview
Learning Partner Presentations and CEO Sessions
9:35 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Break included)
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch provided
Learning Partner Presentations and CEO Sessions
1:00 – 3:30 p.m. (Break included)
Feedback and Idea Generation
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. Small and large groups
Reflection and Closing Remarks
4:15 – 4:25 p.m. | Written Reflection – The Minute Paper
4:25 p.m. | Closing Remarks
4:30 p.m. | Adjourn
Friday, March 11
Breakfast and Discussion
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Breakast and CEO Meeting
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. | Breakfast and Reps Meeting
9:30 – 9:45 a.m. | Break and Transition Time
Learning Partner Presentations and Feedback
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. |
11:00-11:30 a.m. | Feedback Sharing and Dialogue with Learning Partners – Small and Large Group
Wrap Up, Closing Remarks, and Evaluation
11:30 – 11:45 a.m. | Wrap Up, Closing Remarks, and Evaluation
11:45 a.m. | Adjourn
Tips for a Successful CEO Forum and Reps Meeting
- Check to make sure your president|CEO has the event on the calendar
- Walk through the agenda with your president|CEO
- Plan to attend the Reps meetings. These sessions provide a great way to get to know other Reps and to learn what they do to prepare their teams for the Summer Institute.
- The Reps dinner is optional and “on your own.” We will meet at 6:00 p.m. on March 9. Dinner on March 10 is your choice.
- Explore the recommended/optional readings related to the learning design.
Recommended Readings (optional)
- 2021 Employee Engagement Trends Report: Top 6 trends. Human Resource Executive, Quantum Workplace, November 1, 2021.
- A Call for Accountability and Action: The Deloitte global 2021 Millenial and Gen Z survey. Deloitte, 2021.
- After the Storm: The jobs and skills that will drive the post-pandemic recovery. Emsi Burning Glass, February 2021.
- Beyond Happiness: How authentic leaders prioritize purpose and people for growth and impact. Lim, J. 2021.
- ‘Great Attrition’ or ‘Great Attraction’ – The choice is yours. McKinsey and Company, September 8, 2021.
- Higher Ed’s Multi-generational Workforce: Perceptions and realities about age groups – and how to manage them. Tugand, A., The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2020.
- The great attrition to the great adaptation. McKinsey and Company, November 3, 2021.
- The Future of Work: Redefining work, workforces, and workplaces. Deloitte, 2019.
- *For those who are members of The Society of College and University Planning (SCUP). Teetering on the Demographic Cliff Parts 1 & 2. The Society for College and University Planning (SCUP), Fall 2021.