AFIT Executive Director John Politi has announced his plans to retire by the end of the year. John's retirement opens the door for another individual to bring his or her skills to AFIT and build on the strong foundation he has created. If you are interested in being considered as AFIT’s next executive director, please review the job description below to learn about the role and how to apply.
The AFIT Executive Director position is mainly a work-out-of-the-home, part-time experience with some travel required to support events and meetings. AFIT's executive director will be responsible for:
- Serving as the primary contact for internal and external operations and relations.
- Leading and managing members of the AFIT staff in fulfillment of all staff responsibilities.
- Working closely with the President and Executive Committee to coordinate all organizational activities, functions, and issues.
- Working with the Coordinator for Finance and the Secretary-Treasurer to develop an annual budget for presentation to the Executive Committee for approval at its fall meeting.
- Managing income and expenses to meet budget requirements.
- Planning and coordinating all Executive Committee and CEO meetings, including an annual “Think Tank.”
- Working with the Coordinator for Learning Partners and Events to identify and procure learning partners, develop the learning design and schedule, and to ensure successful programs.
- Managing the administration and logistics requirements associated with the Summer Institute, CEO Forum and Reps meeting, the fall Executive Committee meeting, and the Think Tank.
- Preparing the minutes for all Executive Committee and CEO meetings and submitting them to the Executive Committee for review and approval at the next Executive Committee or CEO meeting.
- Working with the Executive Committee and member CEOs to identify future learning partners and submitting proposals for approval of learning partners at least one year in advance of each Summer Institute.
- Providing results data pertaining to AFIT key performance indicators to the Executive Committee and CEOs at least annually.
- Working with the Website Coordinator on the design, layout, content and improvement of the AFIT website; ensuring all pertinent information and materials are accurate and are posted in a timely fashion.
- Facilitating development of the strategic plan at the November Executive Committee meeting.
- Managing the membership application process.
If you have any questions about the role or are interested in learning about John’s experience, please email him at jpoliti @gvtc.com or call (830) 446-1791.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your letter of intent and resume to John Politi by email (email@example.com) or mail (30801 Wood Bine Way, Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas 78015) by March 31, 2021.