A Safe Space for CEO Conversations About Higher Ed's Most Pressing Leadership Challenges
Available exclusively to AFIT members and invited guests, these private, facilitated, CEO-only sessions provide a safe space for higher ed leaders to have candid conversations about current events and hot button issues impacting their organizations.
Not a Member? Be Our Guest!
If you are a higher education CEO who could benefit from an idea exchange and networking with your peers, we invite you to join us as a guest at our next CEO Networking Session. Choose a session below and click the orange button to request a spot on our guest list. We will be in touch shortly.
Upcoming Discussion Topics:
Creating Opportunities for Student Parents to Thrive in College
Thursday, April 20, 2023
3-4 pm/ET on Zoom
(2-3 pm/CT | 1-2 pm/MT | 12-1 pm/PT)
- Dr. Daria Willis, President, Howard Community College
- Nicole Lynn Lewis, CEO, Generation Hope and author of Pregnant Girl: A Story of Teen Motherhood, College, and Creating a Better Future for Young Families
Where: Zoom (we'll follow up with a calendar invite and Zoom link)
Did you know that 1 in 5 undergraduate college students today is a parent, and yet they're 10 times less likely to graduate? Fewer than 2% of teen mothers who have a baby before age 18 earn a college degree before age 30. You can help change these statistics by joining this CEO-only discussion facilitated by two highly accomplished leaders who began their journeys as student parents and have firsthand knowledge of the struggles this vulnerable population faces.
Save the Dates!
- Wednesday, January 18 at 11 am - 12 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Thursday, February 16 at 3-4 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Wednesday, March 8 at 3-4:30 pm/MT (In person at the CEO Forum & Reps Meeting in Greeley, CO)
- Thursday, April 20 at 3-4 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Wednesday, May 17 at 11 am - 12 pm/ ET (Zoom)
- Thursday, June 15 at 3-4 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Wednesday, July 12 at 3-4:30 pm/MT (In person at Summer Institute in Denver, CO)
- Thursday, August 17 at 3-4 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Wednesday, September 20 at 11 am -12 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Thursday, October 19 at 3-4 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Wednesday, November 15 at 11 am - 12 pm/ET (Zoom)
- Thursday, December 14 at 3-4 pm/ET (Zoom)
Sponsored by: Campus Ivy
AFIT's monthly CEO Networking Sessions are made possible through the support of Campus Ivy.
Campus Ivy pairs cloud-based technology/ mobile platform financial aid automation and expertise to help schools: boost efficiency, improve compliance & reduce costs. In addition to automating the FA experience for students, our expert FA staff can assist with outsourcing of financial aid processes.
Learn more: campusivy.com
"Learning about crisis communication strategies and then hearing from my colleagues on how they are handling a variety of issues was extremely valuable for me."
- Dr. Christine Sobek, President Emeritus, Waubonsee Community College, IL