Collaborative Team Learning with World-Class Learning Partners
Summer Institute is a unique educational experience designed for CEOs and their teams to learn about a selected theme from world-class learning partners. AFIT learning partners are recognized quality leaders in their field and have demonstrated success with the selected theme. The themes are strategically chosen based on members’ needs, and they build on each other from one year to the next. During the program, teams participate in interactive learning activities and benefit from “team time” to discuss key concepts and translate them into actionable solutions that fit their institution’s needs.
Who’s invited: Member CEOs, Reps, and their teams; invited guests
When: July 28 - 30, 2021
Where: Virtual event
Daily meeting times:
July 28: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. CDT
July 29: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. CDT
July 30: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CDT
- Digital Event Program & Agenda »
- Recommended Reading List »
- Team Learning Playbook »
- Team Pride Contest »
This year's program will explore the following compelling questions:
- How does higher education and its partners plot strategy for competitive advantage in a dynamic world?
- How do organizations and their leaders engage in difficult decision-making in the face of adversity?
- What is different about our students, partners, and key stakeholders now after experiencing their own intense disruptions? How do leaders adapt to these changes?
- What have consumers experienced that translates to higher education and the choices they make about how, when, and where they learn?
- What is our story? How do they fall in love with it? How do we get the story right?
2021 Learning Partners:
Click on the logos below to learn more about our learning partners.
Collaboration & Teamwork
“The Summer Institute provides a spirit of collaboration and teamwork in a learning environment focused on actionable strategies for all levels of the organization.”
– Dr. Jackie Elliott, President, Central Arizona College, AZ
Innovative Learning Partners
"AFIT’s annual Summer Institute serves as a learning lab for Alamo Colleges District, introducing me and my colleagues to innovative organizations outside of higher education and their successful practices, which have inspired many strategic initiatives across the District.
– Dr. Mike Flores, Chancellor, Alamo Colleges District, TX
"Participating in AFIT's annual Summer Institute has not only led to the successful implementation of Arizona Western College's Strategic Plan, it has also enabled unparalleled team bonding."
– Dr. Daniel Corr, President, Arizona Western College, AZ