2023 Summer Institute: Denver, CO
July 12-15, 2023
Westin Denver Downtown
1672 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80202
Registration opens April 2023
Learning Partner information coming soon!
AFIT member CEOs, AFIT Reps, and their teams
- How do leaders awaken and nurture employees’ entrepreneurial skills, attitudes, and behaviors to confront the disruptive challenges and competitive forces bearing down on higher education?
- How can individuals break free from unproductive thoughts and habits to shift their focus from “challenge and threat” to opportunity and innovation?
- How can higher education inject bureaucratic systems with innovation and change to build an “adaptive space” that fosters entrepreneurial behavior?
- How can entrepreneurial organizations inspire and engage individuals and teams to recognize opportunities that others overlook?
- What does a framework for developing entrepreneurial mindset in our students look like?
- How can the Foundation offices in our organizations reinvent themselves to support innovation and transformation?
As a result of attending the 2023 Summer Institute, teams will:
- Explore how to transform organizational culture and student success by adopting an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Examine what entrepreneurial mindset looks like in highly complex organizations like higher education.
- Learn how to empower “ordinary” people – both employees and students – to accomplish extraordinary things.
- Develop methods to turn everyday problems into opportunities.
- Learn how to expose opportunities and ignite ambition that enable organizations to flourish and thrive.
- Map an action plan for initial steps and resources needed to engage in this process across their organization.
Collaboration & Teamwork
“The Summer Institute provides a spirit of collaboration and teamwork in a learning environment focused on actionable strategies for all levels of the organization.”
– Dr. Jackie Elliott, President, Central Arizona College, AZ
Innovative Learning Partners
"AFIT’s annual Summer Institute serves as a learning lab for Alamo Colleges District, introducing me and my colleagues to innovative organizations outside of higher education and their successful practices, which have inspired many strategic initiatives across the District.
– Dr. Mike Flores, Chancellor, Alamo Colleges District, TX
"Participating in AFIT's annual Summer Institute has not only led to the successful implementation of Arizona Western College's Strategic Plan, it has also enabled unparalleled team bonding."
– Dr. Daniel Corr, President, Arizona Western College, AZ
2022 Summer Institute Info
Check out the information from our 2022 event.