Collaborative Team Learning with World-Class Learning Partners
Summer Institute is a unique educational experience designed for CEOs and their teams to learn about a selected theme from world-class learning partners. AFIT learning partners are recognized quality leaders in their field and have demonstrated success with the selected theme. The themes are strategically chosen based on members’ needs, and they build on each other from one year to the next. During the program, teams participate in interactive learning activities and benefit from “team time” to discuss key concepts and translate them into actionable solutions that fit their institution’s needs.
Who’s invited: Member CEOs, Reps, and their teams; invited guests
When: July 28 - 30, 2021
Where: To be announced
This year's program will explore the following compelling questions:
- How does higher education and its partners plot strategy for competitive advantage in a dynamic world?
- How do organizations and their leaders engage in difficult decision-making in the face of adversity?
- What is different about our students, partners, and key stakeholders now after experiencing their own intense disruptions? How do leaders adapt to these changes?
- What have consumers experienced that translates to higher education and the choices they make about how, when, and where they learn?
- What is our story? How do they fall in love with it? How do we get the story right?
By participating in the CEO Forum and Reps Meeting, you will:
- Explore this year’s learning theme and expand your understanding of its strategic alignment with your organization’s goals.
- Preview learning partner presentations and provide feedback to enhance the learning objectives for the Summer Institute.
- Identify colleagues to invite to the Summer Institute and develop plans to maximize your team learning experience.
2021 Learning Partners:
Click on the logos below to learn more about our learning partners.
2020 Summer Institute
Presented by Anthology
Who’s invited: Member CEOs, Reps, and their teams
When: July 29 - 31, 2020
As we focus on our mission and choose to achieve more by embracing disruption, we are asking our 2020 learning partners:
- What are the characteristics and mindset of a culture that embraces disruption and allows for rapid response?
- How can we develop and help leaders at all levels to have the ability to operate effectively in highly complex disruptive times?
- What are the higher levels of thinking and technology strategies that can provide the greatest opportunity for leaders to succeed in embracing disruption?
This year's program is based on a learning design focused on engaging participants, sharing insights, adding value, increasing team learning, stimulating dialogue, offering structure and flexibility, and providing an AFIT Playbook of ideas, resources, and strategies.
2020 Learning Partners...
2019 Summer Institute
Presented by Campus Management Corporation
"Transformative Leadership & A Culture of Innovation - Creating a New Era"
When: July 31 - August 3, 2019
Where: Marriott Hotel at Legacy Center - Plano, TX
2019 Learning Partners...
2018 Summer Institute
Presented by Campus Management Corporation
"Transforming the Higher Education Business Model"
When: August 1–4, 2018
Where: Country Club Plaza – Kansas City, MO
2018 Learning Partners...
Collaboration & Teamwork
“The Summer Institute provides a spirit of collaboration and teamwork in a learning environment focused on actionable strategies for all levels of the organization.”
– Dr. Jackie Elliott, President, Central Arizona College, AZ
“Some of the most honest, productive conversations I’ve had since coming to Rio Salado College have occurred at the Summer Institute, and it was predicated by the teachable moments and takeaways from our shared learning experience.”
– Dr. LeRoderick Terry, Vice President of Student Affairs, Rio Salado College, AZ
"We have incorporated a number of college practices that are a direct result of our engagement with Learning Partners in the CQIN Summer Institutes. Indeed, some of these college practices are considered exemplary by our peer organizations. CQIN is a real winner in our book.”
– Dr. Lee Rasch, former President, Western Technical College, WI